Board Redesign?

Rules, how-to’s, and FAQ. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
LovingHimAlways
California King
California King

Re: Board Redesign?

Post by LovingHimAlways »

Link+Zelda wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:19 am And after it's been quoted twice, I see that I typed "participating" instead of "participation". Mistakes...sigh...😩
Ha, I hadn't even noticed it until you mentioned it. :)
strawberryblonde
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by strawberryblonde »

Irnmyk wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:33 am I wasn't a member of the old board, so I have no point of reference for comparison as to how things might have been, but I did not have to ask him what his quip about "trivial pursuit" meant.
I think the Best of TMB board category is a good point of reference and reveals a marked difference in spirit between the “old board” and the current one. Of course we had trivia and how-to posts back then, too, but as I remember it, the forum overall had more depth, godly wisdom, and reference to biblical marriage. To me it was a ministry, and I’m sure that for some of the admins in was a full-time endeavor. I am not pointing this out as a negative criticism of the current forum; it’s just a difference. (And since I can’t volunteer to “be the change,” maybe I should keep quiet.)

The current forum has some great physical strategies for sex and varied opinions about various aspects of sex, but it would not have been as helpful to the hurt and resentful wife I was when I first signed up years ago. In fact, while reading just recently, I felt the impulse to cross my legs and protect myself. I remembered why I left.

Some of our current members have offered great marriage-related insights which I thought should be added to the old Best Of thread. Their content is often hidden in threads whose titles aren’t related, and it would be helpful to have them in one place where more readers will see them. Can The Best of TMB still be added to? I assume posts must be nominated for that distinction, not just copied-and-pasted.

As far as a redesign goes, the format is somewhat cumbersome, but I was SO glad, when I returned, to see TMB had reverted to THIS format from the Q&A format. Thank you to you who spent hours of your time transferring it back, and thank you, LoriB, for adding the fun elements!
Irnmyk
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Irnmyk »

Link+Zelda wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:19 am And after it's been quoted twice, I see that I typed "participating" instead of "participation". Mistakes...sigh...😩
Don't beat yourself up too bad. I don't think I noticed either and probably read it as "participation". So.... my bad too??? :cry: (Or was that an example of two wrongs making a right??? :roll: )
Irnmyk
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Irnmyk »

And, then, you get to mornings like this morning, where @Dovegrey is pouring her heart out to @Jpops and @90, and you just say "Wow!!!"

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4356&start=30

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3940&start=20
DoveGrey
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by DoveGrey »

I will admit to being inspired by Strawberryblonde's comment in this thread. I enjoy reading the fun stuff even if I don't always participate. It's a sign of a healthy community. However, it's the more difficult conversations that promote real growth. That kind of reflection is beneficial to all of us, especially our lurkers who are in pain and don't yet feel safe to be vulnerable enough to post.

eta: And, thank you.
Full Push-up Count: 5
Backpacking season, here I come!
strawberryblonde
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by strawberryblonde »

Thank you, DoveGray! And others of you, as well, who have taken the time and risk to be vulnerable and helpful.

Return to “Rules, How To's and FAQ's”