Board Redesign?

Rules, how-to’s, and FAQ. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: Board Redesign?

Post by newwifenewlife »

MrMarried wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:56 am Dark backgrounds with light text, or at least gray backgrounds with black text, are a lot easier on the eyes. Old DOS screens were white on black. Early web pages were gray with black text. I really do not get why Windows 95 decided that staring at a light bulb should be the default. They used to let us turn all the white gray, but got rid of that after XP and allowed for some really lousy accessibility options instead.

The website would be better, IMO, if the background were not the painful white lightbulb color.
So what you’re saying is Mac OS’ dark mode is once again setting the trend and pace…that and better than a PeeCee. :D
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

strawberryblonde wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:17 pm I like the dark version, too, except when PaulB posts. His blue ink is almost invisible. Haven’t seen him in a while, though. I hope he’s doing okay.
I use ProSilver Dark too. I can usually read @PaulB, but it's the yellow-highlighted text that is a real struggle for me with this "dark mode" formatting.

BTW, @PaulB is still alive and kicking, posting everyday on his The Generous Husband blog and several times per week on his The XY Code blog.
-Link+Zelda
strawberryblonde
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by strawberryblonde »

Link+Zelda wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:20 pm BTW, @PaulB is still alive and kicking, posting everyday on his The Generous Husband blog and several times per week on his The XY Code blog.
Good to know!
MrMarried
California King
California King

Post by MrMarried »

newwifenewlife wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:18 pm
MrMarried wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:56 am Dark backgrounds with light text, or at least gray backgrounds with black text, are a lot easier on the eyes. Old DOS screens were white on black. Early web pages were gray with black text. I really do not get why Windows 95 decided that staring at a light bulb should be the default. They used to let us turn all the white gray, but got rid of that after XP and allowed for some really lousy accessibility options instead.

The website would be better, IMO, if the background were not the painful white lightbulb color.
So what you’re saying is Mac OS’ dark mode is once again setting the trend and pace…that and better than a PeeCee. :D
I am talking about real computers. :) I haven't used Mac dark mode. I can't find stuff on a Mac. I did like being able to fine tune all the colors in XP and prior on Windows. I use extensions to change colors and an app on my phone.
Irnmyk
On the floor
On the floor

Post by Irnmyk »

Wow, mentioning XP and Win 95 (Millennium, fortunately wasn't mentioned) brings back bad memories. Kind of like "the horse & buggy days of computers".
intrepides96
King bed
King bed

Post by intrepides96 »

Irnmyk wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:04 am Wow, mentioning XP and Win 95 (Millennium, fortunately wasn't mentioned) brings back bad memories. Kind of like "the horse & buggy days of computers".
ROFL! Don't get me started ranting about how horrible WinME was! Ick!
Irnmyk
On the floor
On the floor

Post by Irnmyk »

intrepides96 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:40 am
Irnmyk wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:04 am Wow, mentioning XP and Win 95 (Millennium, fortunately wasn't mentioned) brings back bad memories. Kind of like "the horse & buggy days of computers".
ROFL! Don't get me started ranting about how horrible WinME was! Ick!
I have mixed emotions about WinME. (That was the one I cut-in into the world of computers on.)

There is the hate emotion - I dearly hated it; still do, probably always will.

But, I've always had a deep sense of appreciation that, in order to even survive WinME, it forced me to dig into the inner workings of computers and how they functioned much more deeply than I ever would have otherwise done, so there's that too. The best was once when one of my teens was unable to do something in it, and I did it for them. Oh - the look on their face. Priceless!!! (How did that old man know how to do that????)
intrepides96
King bed
King bed

Post by intrepides96 »

Irnmyk wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:47 am ...it forced me to dig into the inner workings of computers and how they functioned much more deeply than I ever would have otherwise done, so there's that too. The best was once when one of my teens was unable to do something in it, and I did it for them. Oh - the look on their face. Priceless!!! (How did that old man know how to do that????)
There is that! I'd say 89.85% of my computer skills come from me initially breaking things when I first started tinkering with them and then repairing what I broke! WinMe just did the breaking for me! :lol:

Return to “Rules, How To's and FAQ's”