How did your family handle it?

Is it a sin or a way to help control sex drive before marriage?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
ThereAndBackAgain
Queen bed
Queen bed

How did your family handle it?

Post by ThereAndBackAgain »

Growing up, my family did little more than have our parents talk with us about sex when puberty kicked in. We never had talks about sex beyond the basics, never had any discussions beyond "sex is good for a man and his wife." We NEVER talked about Masturbation.

I'm still living with my mother and youngest brother, small three bed trailer, walls aren't super thin; but I can't really take my time and enjoy masturbating.

How did ya'll handle it growing up? How did your family handle sex talks? Do you think they did just enough, or not enough?
Tantalum
King bed
King bed

Re: How did your family handle it?

Post by Tantalum »

There was no sex talk as such. I started reading at a very early age and I read pretty much everything I found - books, magazines, etc. My mum and dad had a “married life” type of book amongst all the others, I read that too. So I pretty much knew everything and my parents realized that.
I had my own room so I was able to do things in private whenever I felt the need (which, during my teenage years was often). My mum must have known from the signs left behind (stains on the sheets, crusty handkerchiefs and pajama bottoms, etc). She never said anything, just quietly put things in the wash and replaced them with clean stuff.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

My parents never had a sex talk with me. I basically stumbled upon masturbation in my pre-teen years and I was doing it for years before I actually found out it had a name by reading a QnA in a Seventeen magazine.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
benny
Hammock
Hammock

Post by benny »

They never said anything about sex to me other than don't come home with a pregnant girlfriend. I'm sure they knew something was going on with the long showers but never said anything.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Olorin
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Olorin »

My parents did not tell my siblings and I much beyond the basic facts. I stumbled upon some books about sex (Joy of Sex, and one other whose name escapes me) while looking for something else in my parents room. That reading pretty much covered most of the bases regarding sex, so as far as the mechanics and activities went I was up to speed by the time I was 12 or so.

I think I discovered masturbation shortly before finding those books. My mother certainly knew from stains and such what I was doing, but said nothing.
Plumpurple
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Plumpurple »

SeekingChange wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:32 pm My parents never had a sex talk with me. I basically stumbled upon masturbation in my pre-teen years and I was doing it for years before I actually found out it had a name by reading a QnA in a Seventeen magazine.
I had a similar experience, but found out what it was called and that people thought it was bad by hearing it condemned at church camp.

I think my mom gave me a book when I started my menstrual cycle, but I shared a room with my brother and had no privacy to read it, so I hid it under my bed and eventually returned it to her saying I read it and had no questions. As far as specifics, I mostly learned about sex from pop culture and the court proceeding i was involved in to concerning a friend's sexual abuse. I learned what was expected of me through "true love waits" and "purity" classes at church.

When I got to college (a Christian university) we had a Christian family class that included a book called "intended for pleasure" that talked a lot about sex, but again I was too embarrassed to be seen reading it and so I never did.
KatieMarie
King bed
King bed

Post by KatieMarie »

My mom told me the basics, and then it really wasn’t discussed after. Until I got engaged. 🤭

Return to “Masturbation (Engaged)”