Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Lorelei

Tell us a bit about who you are. Threads and polls on age, religious background, and more.
Forum rules
Please start a new topic, and give it your username.
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Lorelei
Single
Single

Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Hello - thought it was time to introduce myself, as I’ve spent the last couple of weeks gradually reading through all of the threads on this board. After all that reading, I feel like I know some of you pretty well :D and am thankful for the vulnerability, Biblical and practical wisdom, and spirit of support found here. I found the site through a circuitous tour of Christian marriage and sex positive blogs for wives.

DH and I have been married almost 30 years, all of those in full-time ministry, both in overseas missions work and in a local church context. I also work outside our church, in executive leadership in a demanding secular business. We have late teen and early adult children.

We have a good marriage and love each other deeply but over the years our marriage bed has often been an area of misunderstanding and hurt. I’m the higher drive spouse. I’m not sure it’s been that way for all of our marriage, but definitely is now.

We’ll see if/when I post, but wanted to let you all know I am thankful to have found this group. To God be all glory.
Last edited by Lorelei on Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorelei
SeekingChange

Re: Lorelei

Post by SeekingChange »

Wow, I am impressed if you read through every thread!!! Welcome, glad you are here! :wave
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Welcome to the community. That’s a lot of reading! May God continue to bless you on your journey and marriage as you continue to seek and serve Him!
DoveGrey
California King
California King

Post by DoveGrey »

Welcome, Lorelai! I'm happy you decided to delurk. I'm looking forward to your perspective.
Wife of 21 years
LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

Welcome! Glad you are here. I am fairly new also. I haven't posted a lot but, have been blessed by the many perspectives of this group.
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

Welcome to TMB. Count me in the impressed crowd if you've read every thread. That's a lot of work, especially parsing through some of the old QNA stuff where the comments got carried over but aren't necessarily clearly connected to a given post!

Looking forward to your contributions. 8-)
-Link+Zelda

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”