Differences between men and women

What about headship and submission? Unsaved spouse? Other marriage roles.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
SeekingChange

Re: Differences between men and women

Post by SeekingChange »

I don't know if this is the "nurturing" at play.... but honestly, I think certain people don't think ahead. They only think about the moment. We live in an area where, yeah, right now it is really nice out, but as soon as the sun sets, or we go up in elevation, we are talking a significant temp drop.... that's when he'll be glad he grabbed the jacket he didn't think he would need.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
James1234
Single
Single

Post by James1234 »

I don’t mind sharing my coat either of course with my wife. It’s just at times I haven’t brought it with me because I myself thought it was warm. Is that incentive to ask her to wear extra clothing?
DoveGrey
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Blanket on a secluded beach!

Post by DoveGrey »

newwifenewlife wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:01 pm All I’ve asked for in return is my own desserts and Chic-fil-a waffle fries. Ok, ok…and sex. 😂 And a suga’ mama in a few more years!!! 🤣
I feel like something as serious as dessert and waffle fries should be specifically included in the marriage vows if one spouse expects to share them with the other. I wasn't at your wedding, but I bet you're in the clear. 😂

Now, I have eaten at Chick-fil-A maybe twice in my life. So when I think of waffle fries, the first thing I think of are actual waffles that are the size of fries. Kind of like French toast sticks, but in waffle form. And available outside of breakfast hours. That right there is something I would gladly buy extra of so I wouldn't have to share mine.
Myers-Briggs INFJ - The Advocate

"She will do him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
"

~23 years and counting~
Olorin
On the floor
On the floor

Post by Olorin »

newwifenewlife wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:03 pm
DoveGrey wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:53 am It's incredibly sexy when a man offers his coat to his significant other.
….
…but I do draw the line with my wife at my dessert and my Chic-fil-a waffle fries!!!
Yeah, waffle fries at Chick-fil-A and in general are pretty excellent. It is a wonder to me that more places don't sell them. DW and I recently went to a bar that has truffle waffle fries. They were totally amazing!
KatieMarie
Hammock
Hammock

Post by KatieMarie »

newwifenewlife wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:01 pm
KatieMarie wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:12 pm
newwifenewlife wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:03 pm I don’t mind offering my coat. I can and have done that many times…but I do draw the line with my wife at my dessert and my Chic-fil-a waffle fries!!! Either my wife can be an adult and order her own (and then she can share with me what she doesn’t want or finish) or she can keep her fork or fingers away from my food…if she knows what’s healthy for them. 😁
Chivalry is dead. 🥺
Nope. I’ve just drawn the line at my food. DW knows I take two things quite seriously, my food and sex. :D I’ll walk on the car-side of a street to protect DW…on the barking dog-side to protect her…I open and close her doors at the car and all buildings…I will take her car and fill it with gas. I have shared my earnings, my bank accounts, my retirement, my possessions and the house. We married and DW removed the TV from my dining room, 🙄 the weight bench and project pile of painting, electric and other household project tools from my living room 😳. All I’ve asked for in return is my own desserts and Chic-fil-a waffle fries. Ok, ok…and sex. 😂 And a suga’ mama in a few more years!!! 🤣
I was only teasing. I mean I will ask DH for “a fry”, but I don’t mess with his dessert-ever.
The main purpose of life is to live it with the man I love, and to raise our son or daughter in the love and mercy of the Lord.

Return to “Marriage Roles - Headship/Submission, Unsaved”