Date idea...picture scavenger hunt

Non-sexual romance is important too! Share romantic experiences and ideas about how to be romantic.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Date idea...picture scavenger hunt

Post by newwifenewlife »

For those who want a date idea, here ya go. Let's build some ideas and then use them with your spouse and have fun.

DW & I wanted to do something for her daughter & boyfriend's one year "anniversary" so I pulled an old rabbit out of the hat and suggested we create a picture scavenger hunt for them. We made a list of ten items and then had to go around and take pictures/selfies of themselves with the items/people/animals and then go print them out at Walmart and put them in an album we gave them. Ideas like something with the #1 (for their "anniversary), buy flowers and give it to an older woman, color, barefeet in the river, with an animal, we some of the ideas, pic with a stranger, etc.

Last night at our small group we decided to create a scavenger hunt pic event for our group where we would go out as couples, take pics, and come back and share them. We may open it up to some of our other groups and friends too and I think we'll create some prizes for the quickest team to complete, funniest pic, oddest pic/situation, etc.

With all that said, what's an idea can you think of for a picture scavenger hunt? How about we make up and share some ideas and then individuals can pick 8-10 of them and do a date with their spouse? A simple and romantic date idea and the planning will be done.

So what are some ideas for pics to take?
MiddleMan
Hammock
Hammock

Re: Date idea...picture scavenger hunt

Post by MiddleMan »

This reminds me of during college we did a Polaroid scavenger hunt (remember Polaroid film cameras?) and one group tried to go into Walmart to take some pictures but they wouldn't let them in with a camera! "Corporate espionage" was the reason they gave. HA!

Anyway, things like monuments or statues, a local restaurant (i.e. not a chain), a fancy car (don't touch or lean on the car!), a rose bush...
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

MiddleMan wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:12 am This reminds me of during college we did a Polaroid scavenger hunt (remember Polaroid film cameras?) and one group tried to go into Walmart to take some pictures but they wouldn't let them in with a camera! "Corporate espionage" was the reason they gave. HA!

Anyway, things like monuments or statues, a local restaurant (i.e. not a chain), a fancy car (don't touch or lean on the car!), a rose bush...
Yep, that's where I got the idea from, from my youth group ministry days. I still have Polaroids from over 30 years ago.
StrawberryGinger
Single
Single

Post by StrawberryGinger »

I like the idea, what are some suggestions for scavenger hunt ideas for groups or couples?
Blessed wife ❤️ 20 years and counting.
"Love...is not merely a feeling. It is a deep unity, maintained by the will and deliberately strengthened by habit; reinforced by the grace which both partners ask, and receive, from God." C.S.Lewis
stagdoe
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by stagdoe »

I think it'd be fun to do selfies kissing in front of different goals. Or get someone to take a pic of me dipping my wife - as in dancing. If there's and old-school photo booth, could go get the classic strip of 4 photos.
Melgrace7
Single
Single

Post by Melgrace7 »

I like the idea of collecting pic kissing at various landmarks. Maybe first date location, where you met. Coffee in the cafe at the hospital your kids were born (though I don’t want to recreate the panicked drive there on our second time!!)

Return to “Non-Sexual Romance”