Gift Giving

Non-sexual romance is important too! Share romantic experiences and ideas about how to be romantic.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
Deleted User 2151

Gift Giving

Post by Deleted User 2151 »

People like talking about love languages and all that, I just like giving my GF stuff I know she'd like. Putting a smile on her face because I thought of her is something I love doing.

Some of it is practical, some of it is non-romantic, and some of it has been.
I've sent her food and snacks via Publix, I've gotten her books/toys/video games, along with jewelry; geeky or plain.

What do ya'll think about giving random gifts to your spouse? What do they tend to like?
SeekingChange

Re: Gift Giving

Post by SeekingChange »

I am a LL of Gifts, so I like it! For me, it's usually just little things that say "I saw this and I thought of you.".... with giving, it's usually cheap, a drink, a food/candy, a cute something on clearance, like a gadget or clothes. One of my most memorable gifts from my husband, that I was excited about and loved, was a set of kitchen towels that matched my kitchen. This stood out because my husband doesn't buy random things as a gift, even when he tried practicing my LL, it was under an agreement and he was given money for this purpose, because his concern and excuse is typically around money...that takes away from the experience because it gives it's own kind of message.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: Gift Giving

Post by newwifenewlife »

SeekingChange wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:23 pm ...This stood out because my husband doesn't buy random things as a gift, even when he tried practicing my LL, it was under an agreement and he was given money for this purpose, because his concern and excuse is typically around money...
:lol: This is why my wife loves when I bring her flowers "just because" because she knows it's painful to me to "waste" money on buying flowers especially when she has the growing outside for 7 months out of the year. When I do, it communicates my love to her so I surprise her on occasion with a simple bouquet from the store...but I NEVER do it when I've screwed up and gotten sideways with her. That feels trite and manipulating.

Someone gave me some Lindor chocolate balls for Christmas. I finally opened them at work and ate them all EXCEPT the dark chocolate ones (which I do love); instead, I've been bringing one dark chocolate home each day for a week and offering her a kiss and candy. She enjoys it because she likes dark chocolate and she knows I'm sacrificing the candy itself AND the dark chocolate for her. DW knows I take my food (especially sweets) seriously. :lol:

Return to “Non-Sexual Romance”