What song would you dedicate to your spouse? Or, what song dedication would you love to hear?

Non-sexual romance is important too! Share romantic experiences and ideas about how to be romantic.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
Olorin
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Re: What song would you dedicate to your spouse? Or, what song dedication would you love to hear?

Post by Olorin »

'In Your Eyes' by Peter Gabriel.
footnassman
Hammock
Hammock

Re: What song would you dedicate to your spouse? Or, what song dedication would you love to hear?

Post by footnassman »

Olorin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:48 am 'In Your Eyes' by Peter Gabriel.
"Say Anything" fan? Just wondering...
Olorin
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Olorin »

footnassman wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:57 am
Olorin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:48 am 'In Your Eyes' by Peter Gabriel.
"Say Anything" fan? Just wondering...
I am was not familiar with that band, but looked them up on Wikipedia and listened to some of their songs. Their lyrics and sound are interesting. I am curious to know why you thought I might be a fan of their music?

As interesting as it is to learn how people come to like various sexual activities, I am also curious about how people develop their taste in music. I enjoy listening to many types of music, but at heart I am a 'classic rock' guy because that is what I heard the most of while going through my teen years. The first concerts I saw were 'Billy Joel' and 'Boston', and those artists are still on my exercise playlist. I just saw Billy Joel at a stadium show and realize it has been about 45 years since I first saw him, and I enjoyed it as much or more than I did when I was in high school. In college, I was introduced to lots of new music, but became enraptured by progressive rock (Yes, Genesis, Rush, Moody Blues, etc.). If the band used a Mellotron, I was probably going to be a fan of their music. (A bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.)

With the above in mind, I would add Billy Joel's Just the Way You Are to the list of songs I would dedicate to DW.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Olorin wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:53 am With the above in mind, I would add Billy Joel's Just the Way You Are to the list of songs I would dedicate to DW.
My husband will often sing that line. From that song. Billy Joel's "She's Got a Way " is a good one.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Olorin
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Olorin »

SeekingChange wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:12 am
Olorin wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:53 am With the above in mind, I would add Billy Joel's Just the Way You Are to the list of songs I would dedicate to DW.
My husband will often sing that line. From that song. Billy Joel's "She's Got a Way " is a good one.
Yes indeed, She's Got a Way is also a great song for a dedication.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

We were just talking about this at our small group (Doing the video series LOVE LIKE YOU MEAN IT from FamilyLife). A few years ago for our anniversary, my wife asked me to prepare and sing her a song on that day...so I did. To be clear, fair, and in my defense, my wife did not specify what song she wanted. :D

Tim Hawkins - "Things You Don't Say to Your Wife"
Things You Don't Say to Your Wife

Return to “Non-Sexual Romance”