In-Laws Situation Ramped Up

Money, In-laws, and other things that drive you crazy.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
SeekingChange

Re: In-Laws Situation Ramped Up

Post by SeekingChange »

Continued prayers, DoveGrey.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
DoveGrey
Hammock
Hammock

Post by DoveGrey »

Thank you. This is a turning point for our family. I pray that we all can rise to the challenge in a way that allows people to not be hurt any more than they already are.
Wife of 22 years
0.8 of 20 lbs lost and back on track after too much Christmas yumminess!
SLS
California King
California King

Post by SLS »

Praying for you and your family DG.
Happily married to Serafina for 7 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

YEAH!!! That's great to hear DG! ::praise Proud of you for making things happen and having the courage to draw a line in the sand and take a stand knowing the blow back...let alone teach your kids the same.
DoveGrey
Hammock
Hammock

Post by DoveGrey »

Thanks, all. @Beccaloo, I'm running with the phrase united front. I'm heading into this holiday more prepped than I've ever been. Between what happened over Thanksgiving, the birthday incident, and having devoured the Toxic In-laws book, I'm ready. I'm proud of myself and my kids, and I'm praying that Dh remains emboldened. He's caved so many times before that I hope he'll stay strong with us backing him up.
Wife of 22 years
Irnmyk
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Irnmyk »

I'm praying for you and your family, especially your DH. You know that I see a lot of this through his eyes, and know how hard this is, and will be on him and for him - potentially. He is in a tough spot, no matter which way it goes. I'm just hoping that he, having now heard your side - from all of you - will be able to muster up the courage to take firm action this time (and them make it stick when the counterattacks start....).
DoveGrey
Hammock
Hammock

Post by DoveGrey »

@Irnmyk - thank you! He and I were just discussing this, and he told me of a boundary he set with his mother ahead of the holiday. That's a first for him. I'm so proud of him. I'm expecting there to be some passive aggressive backlash on the day, but I think I can predict how it will happen. I'm ready to support him through it.
Wife of 22 years

Return to “Finances, In-Laws, and Job Issues”