Do you spank?

Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: Do you spank?

Post by newwifenewlife »

I think it depends on the kid. I had one that I could hurt my hand spanking and he’d look at me like “Was that supposed to do something?” But if I looked hurt or angry, sent him to his room, or took his tech away, he melted. Another I could take tech away and send to his room and he was fine because he’d just read a book and it was no big deal. Uhmmmm…that didn’t work like I thought it would.

I do believe there is still room for some corporal punishment on occasion for all kids. However, the bigger deal is to find the kid’s “currency” and use it just as much as it is to discover their love language and “talk” it. Consistency is definitely important as Benny mentioned and as in a lot of things, correct and punish from love and not anger. If that means doing it later, tell the kid, isolate them and yourself, and do it later.
Thomas
Double
Double

Post by Thomas »

Never did and never would. Ever.
TxGuy
King bed
King bed

Post by TxGuy »

Absolutely we did. My parents whipped our behinds and I’m grateful for it. I’m in my mid 50’s and I have never been in jail, never tried illegal drugs, and I have never had a drinking problem or a DWI. And yes I credit my parents for that. Old school parents were not afraid to use the rod.
My Dad used a belt. My mom like those old flat yard sticks basically.
We used hand, paddle, belt along with The Bird and time out or taking away things and going to bed early and any other thing that we found would work.
Proudly married for 26 years. Through all the ups and downs we are blessed to be together.
chrishaugan
Cot
Cot

Post by chrishaugan »

Yes we do spank our kids.
Married, father of 3
Ron
On the floor
On the floor

Post by Ron »

TxGuy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:26 pm Absolutely we did. My parents whipped our behinds and I’m grateful for it. I’m in my mid 50’s and I have never been in jail, never tried illegal drugs, and I have never had a drinking problem or a DWI. And yes I credit my parents for that. Old school parents were not afraid to use the rod.
My Dad used a belt. .
About the same here. My sister and I got spanked some, I don't even remember over what! My dad had a rule, girls got to leave their panties on, boys had to be naked. He would tell me to cover my front so the belt didn't come around and get hit in the privates, I got hit on the hand a couple of times, didn't feel good.

So, the last time I got spanked, I was maybe 11 or 12. Got several licks with a belt. When he was through, I looked down and had an erection. My mother told my dad I was getting too old to be spanked and that was the last time.
OT2R
King bed
King bed

Post by OT2R »

We did when they were old enough to know what was wrong and right and still chose to do wrong. We never spanked out of anger and we used a wooden spoon. We always explained why their actions were wrong and how to fix it next time but that it still needed to be punished. So I only really spanked a few times, and I always ended up crying too along with the child and ended with hugs and kisses.
When they were older we took away privileges.
Paradox
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Paradox »

We raised three sons, and the spankings put a stop to a lot of stuff that non-spanking did not work for. (It was usually more like "swats" with a wooden spoon, and not like the belt whippings I sometimes had as a child.) My wife never had a spanking, and none of my daughter-in-laws did either. All of them have used some variety of "swats" on their sons, but my grand daughters break-down with just a sharp word. Maybe its just our family, but girls give up a lot faster than the boys do.
mywifesman
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by mywifesman »

Paradox wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:46 pm We raised three sons, and the spankings put a stop to a lot of stuff that non-spanking did not work for. (It was usually more like "swats" with a wooden spoon
Yep, two boys here, and the wooden "Spoon of Doom" was perfect, light, wouldn't hurt them, but sure got their attention and the friction from just a pop or two really stings. They hated that thing, and just the threat of it stopped a lot of nonsense. Like you, I got the belt when I was little - it was unnecessary and really emotionally upsetting, often used unnecessarily - and hurt like hell! But when I gave the boys the spoon, they were moderate, military licks on the butt. But once they were old enough to reason with, I had other, non-physical tools that got their attention. With rambunctious boys, they need a firm hand - ya just gotta be "Top Dog." Don't try to be their pal - but make sure they know you love them and that you always try to be fair. Sometimes, show them unexpected mercy when they know they don't deserve it.

Return to “Grade School aged children”