TMB STUFF

Marriage affirming, romantic, and flirty T-shirts and mugs.

Learn more, or Get Stuff and save 10%

Puberty and sex discussion resources for kids/preteens?

Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
Jpops
King bed
King bed

Puberty and sex discussion resources for kids/preteens?

Post by Jpops »

Our oldest (daughter) turns 9 this year and we’re looking to get some resources to help inform our conversations about puberty and sex.

“The talk” was nonexistent in my house as was most conversation about emotions or relationships in general. Wifey had a bombardment of negative comments about body image and sexuality from the women in her family. We’re trying to avoid both of those, but without good examples set by our upbringing we’re in search of guides.

Wifey got a book from American Girl focused on puberty; I can’t remember the name off-hand. It does a good job helping explain the mechanics, but each section ends with a Q&A that we’re not super thrilled with. The Qs have lots of negative body messages and negative self talk that we are actively trying to avoid. As an example, one of them is a girl complaining that her freckles are “ugly”. The A tries to address it, but falls short and we’d rather not have the idea planted in the first place.

What resources have you found helpful?
SeekingChange

Re: Puberty and sex discussion resources for kids/preteens?

Post by SeekingChange »

You could check into Passport2Purity through FamilyLife.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
SLS
California King
California King

Re: Puberty and sex discussion resources for kids/preteens?

Post by SLS »

The God's Design for Sex series worked well for me growing up.
Happily married to Serafina for 7 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2

Return to “Grade School aged children”