Children in 'Big Church'

Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
RedsPastor
King bed
King bed

Children in 'Big Church'

Post by RedsPastor »

SLS wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:48 am

So IMO the worship center is where anything (even good God approved things) that distracts from the goal of focusing our minds on worship and seeking Him needs to be temporarily put aside.
<clipped note to mods>

Based on the definition above, my children\kids (which are God given "things") would need to not participate in "big church" , because there are times when they distract, for varying reasons (aka: they are kids). They should or shouldn't be in big church?

This was split from Sanctity of the Sanctuary
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. -- 1 Corinithians 15:10
SLS
Hammock
Hammock

Re: Children in 'Big Church'

Post by SLS »

RedsPastor wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:26 am Based on the definition above, my children\kids (which are God given "things") would need to not participate in "big church" , because there are times when they distract, for varying reasons (aka: they are kids). They should or shouldn't be in big church?
I am fully in favor of children participating in "big church". Jesus said "let the little children come to Me and do not hinder them." They are supposed to be learning about God even if they don't quite have the self-control adults do. Funny enough just the other day we had a little one scream in the middle of the pastor's sermon. He just said something like, "Amen brother" and went on without issue.

Note that I said "distracts from the goal of focusing our minds on worship and seeking Him". There will always be unavoidable distractions that occur (stomach aches, headaches, restless children, etc.). What I was referring to were avoidable distractions. Things akin to checking the score of your NFL team during the sermon. God has nothing against sports and our enjoyment of them but the service is not the appropriate time for that.
Happily married to Serafina for 8 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2
RedsPastor
King bed
King bed

Re: Children in 'Big Church'

Post by RedsPastor »

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate that!
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. -- 1 Corinithians 15:10

Return to “Grade School aged children”