Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Flo app

Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
WithLove
Cot
Cot

Flo app

Post by WithLove »

This may be random, but I felt compelled to post as some of you may have daughters using this app. It is called Flo and is marketed as a period tracking app. It may appear innocent, but it has “secret chats” where questions are asked and users may post comments anonymously. Most of them are sex questions, such as “share your masturbation tips” or “how loud are you during sex?” etc. the comments from users are quite explicit and detailed. Of course most are young unmarried girls talking about their sex lives. I had this app before I was married, before I was even dating, and so glad I never discovered the secret chats before! There are also courses you can take, such as “discovering your sexuality”. I post just to bring awareness because I really believe this could be damaging to young girls especially, or anyone unmarried. Even those who are married because most of it is just filth. :( just a warning to check the apps closely if your daughters use them, as I’m sure Flo probably is not the only one.

now I should probably do an introductory post because I never have! :)

SeekingChange

Re: Flo app

Post by SeekingChange »

This is good to know, thanks for sharing.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

Thank you! Will check my daughter's phone!
desertwalker
Single
Single

Post by desertwalker »

Thank you! Do you have an alternative siggestion?
Beccaloo
King bed
King bed

Post by Beccaloo »

I use mymonthlycycles.com

It isn't an app.
There are different usages for it, such as trying to conceive, period tracker, ovulation, etc. I believe there might be a chat area, such as with the trying to conceive area.
We used it for many years to know when I was ovulating if we were wanting to avoid pregnancy.

After using it for a few months you can start using it to calculate when future periods will be. It is nice when trying to plan a vacation.

My DD uses it & I can ask her if her time is close when I notice a change in her behavior. It's become a tool to gently share how we women can get crabby as that time is due. Also to work on not letting that be a reason to become a shrew. It's also about taking responsibility when she'd rather blame her siblings for being more annoying.
MrsNerd
King bed
King bed

Post by MrsNerd »

I used an app a few years ago for tracking my cycle which similarly had boards with very racy topics and discussions. I didn't join in and didn't think anything of it but for younger girls... no way! Can't remember the name of it now, and it might not be around anymore. Certainly, check these apps for messaging, forums, usernames etc.
*~אני לדודי ודודי לי~*
DoveGrey
California King
California King

Post by DoveGrey »

I use the FitBit app... but I'm not trying to get pregnant. I'd use something a little more involved if I were. It's nice to just have it on FitBit since I check that app daily for other things.
Wife of 21 years

Return to “Teens”