Sex Education for our children

Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
beccabeccab3
Cot
Cot

Re: Sex Education for our children

Post by beccabeccab3 »

We had something similar at our Church last summer everyone was so shy including myself. Wish there was a way to really talk without the shyness creeping in. And as a girl I can say we too struggle but the talks seemed aimed at the boys and that was annoying.
Deleted User 2762

Post by Deleted User 2762 »

Great you are sharing information with the teens. I am 25 and married for three years and wish I would have had good information. I was a virgin bride but also extremely closed to any variations in sexual activity with my husband. It made me to appear cold toward him really.
DaveW
Double
Double

Post by DaveW »

beccabeccab3 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:29 am We had something similar at our Church last summer everyone was so shy including myself. Wish there was a way to really talk without the shyness creeping in. And as a girl I can say we too struggle but the talks seemed aimed at the boys and that was annoying.
The problem (as I see it) is 2 fold.

1 - There has been a very longstanding unease of talking about sexual issues, especially in church.

2 - sex was always traditionally thought of as a guy's struggle; and there is decades of material on dealing (rightly or wrongly) with that.

It has only been 120 years since western society rejected the ancient Greek belief that women have no sex drive or feelings. That was proposed by the father of western medicine, Hippocrates, circa 400 bc. About 1900ad doctors discovered the opposite was true. But it has taken many decades for that to filter down to the rest of western culture.

Return to “Teens”