Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Good book for Christian couples

Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
ALL_IN
King bed
King bed

Good book for Christian couples

Post by ALL_IN »

My daughter and her boyfriend are pretty serious. They both at separate times have hinted at marriage to me. And while this isn't about marriage per se, I have told them to be in the word together every day. I don't think it's really happening and am looking for suggestions on devotions, Bible study's etc for early adults that are dating?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
FLLYDVTD1
Double
Double

Re: Good book for Christian couples

Post by FLLYDVTD1 »

There are a ton of devotions on Youversion that couples can do together. It allows them to read and comment on the plans. It’s a great platform to study the Bible with. Just download the Youversion app on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hastentheday
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by hastentheday »

ALL_IN wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:52 pm My daughter and her boyfriend are pretty serious. They both at separate times have hinted at marriage to me. And while this isn't about marriage per se, I have told them to be in the word together every day. I don't think it's really happening and am looking for suggestions on devotions, Bible study's etc for early adults that are dating?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
@All_IN,
I have some suggestions. I was wondering if you could be a bit more specific in what you are searching for. Are you looking for a bible study, a topic study, premarital material or even marriage stuff?
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
ALL_IN
King bed
King bed

Post by ALL_IN »

I would say a Biblical study, possibly related to "being" a couple...but not about marriage per se...is there such a thing??
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
hastentheday
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by hastentheday »

ALL_IN wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:54 am I would say a Biblical study, possibly related to "being" a couple...but not about marriage per se...is there such a thing??
Anything by Townsend and Cloud, is outstanding. I am currently reading their "Boundaries in Marriage" book. So deep I can only read a chapter at one time. I was going to recommend "Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships". You can google it to see if it it is a fit.

https://www.amazon.com/Boundaries-Datin ... 0310200342

Not sure the link will work but I linked it just the same.

I haven't read this particular book as it was written long after I got married, but I did read the reviews. Wow! This could help each decide if they are dating "The One."
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

FLLYDVTD1 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 pm There are a ton of devotions on Youversion that couples can do together. It allows them to read and comment on the plans. It’s a great platform to study the Bible with. Just download the Youversion app on your phone.
- YouVersion studies, I second this. There is great stuff on there for couples about all different topics, including relationships.
- Andy Stanley has some great books and studies on not only relationships but also life skills and principles which would help them discuss values and dreams for their family...should they choose to get marred (books and sermon series like: GUARDRAILS...CHOOSING TO CHEAT...STARTING POINT...IF MONEY TALKED...STAYING IN LOVE...THE NEW RULES FOR LOVE SEX & DATING...BETTER DECISIONS, FEWER REGRETS).
- Another great book THE RIGHT ONE: how to successfully date and marry the right person by Jimmy Evans.
BHF
Double
Double

Post by BHF »

Another for Boundaries in Marriage, but let them start with the original "Boundaries: When to say yes..." The biblical principles affect your entire personhood.
Also, so many young couples are clueless about finances. Let them do a Dave Ramsey or a similar course/book.
ALL_IN
King bed
King bed

Post by ALL_IN »

Thank you all...I appreciate it

Return to “Grown Children”