12 different types of intimacy..

Other non-sexual marriage issues.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

12 different types of intimacy..

Post by newwifenewlife »

I was listening to a sexuality podcast and they were talking about intimacy based on this article. I found it interesting because while we typically think of sexual, emotional and spiritual intimacy, there are others that can and will bring energy and connection OR as I've read, observed and experienced, distance and disease to our relationships.

One thing I wonder is if sexual chemistry and connection is greater, the more types of intimacy a couple experiences together. What do you think? How many different kinds do you or have you experienced in your marriage? What have you found to work in your marriage that has bonded you together more?

12 DIFFERENT TYPES OF INTIMACY
https://hellorelish.com/articles/12-typ ... imacy.html

1. Sexual
2. Emotional
3. Intellectual
4. Aesthetic
5. Creative
6. Recreational
7. Work
8. Crisis
9. Commitment
10. Conflict
11. Communication
12. Spiritual
Joni
Double
Double

Re: 12 different types of intimacy..

Post by Joni »

I would think that the more intimacy you share the better the sexual chemistry because you would feel more connected. That is how it works for me personally. There are only two below that I’m not sure I have experienced. Good food for thought.
SeekingChange

Re: 12 different types of intimacy..

Post by SeekingChange »

After reading it, we have experienced all 12.

Our spiritual intimacy is what kept us together and connected when we were in our worst years.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

Return to “Other Non-sexual Marriage Issues”