Sleeping in the Same or Separate Beds

Other non-sexual marriage issues.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
Thomas
Single
Single

Re: Sleeping in the Same or Separate Beds

Post by Thomas »

I do twitch in my sleep, and I roll over to a different position 3-4 times per night. These events, as well as, the smallest noises I might make prevent DW from falling sleeping or will wake her. I had some minor nasal congestion last night and the noise of my breathing through the nasal cavity in this state kept her awake.
Are you sure you don’t suffer from sleep apnea? This could be a possible explanation to your symptoms and in that case, a CPAP-machine would be appreciated by both you and your DW!
benny
King bed
King bed

Post by benny »

I was skeptical about the memory foam mattress keeping you from feeling your spouse move at night but it does make a difference. Also I started using a CPAP machine last year so I no longer snore. Both changes helped me sleep through the night now.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

SeekingHer
Double
Double

Post by SeekingHer »

A CPAP machine changed my life & now I sleep well & still & very rarely move at night - which has helped my wife sleep better as well! Us Masked Brothers need to stick together!
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” - Matthew 19:26 NIV
Dad24
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Dad24 »

A dear lady we’ve known for several years and like a second mom to us said she and her husband slept in separate rooms because he snored terribly. But she made sure to tell us there was a well worn path in the hallway carpet between both rooms!!!
DoveGrey
Hammock
Hammock

Post by DoveGrey »

I just want to echo the suggestions of the possible need for a CPAP machine. The twitching and position changing, coupled with possible snoring, reminds me so much of my husband before he went on CPAP. I kept the sofa bed made up in those days because there were many nights when I couldn't sleep. Lack of sleep is so dangerous, and particularly for me because my depression med doesn't work correctly if I don't get enough sleep.

I remember the night he left to do his sleep study. I had the best sleep I had had in years. CPAP changed him, too. He was irritable all the time, and none of us wanted to be around him. His sleep study showed that he briefly woke up over 100 times in a night. He never entered REM or deep sleep. His doctor said he was basically wasting time in bed all night. CPAP has given him the rest he needed.
Wife of 22 years
0.8 of 20 lbs lost and back on track after too much Christmas yumminess!
benny
King bed
King bed

Post by benny »

SeekingHer wrote:A CPAP machine changed my life & now I sleep well & still & very rarely move at night - which has helped my wife sleep better as well! Us Masked Brothers need to stick together!
If we're going to stick together we need a really cool name like:

Brotherhood of the CPAP'er
Band of brother CPAP'er
The masketeers

To be serious CPAP s are a big help I getting a good nights sleep. I was a skeptic but no longer, I never sleep alone anymore... I mean without it lol.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

LovingHimAlways
California King
California King

Post by LovingHimAlways »

DoveGrey wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:13 am . His sleep study showed that he briefly woke up over 100 times in a night. He never entered REM or deep sleep. His doctor said he was basically wasting time in bed all night. CPAP has given him the rest he needed.
This was the case for my husband as well. His using a CPAP has been a blessing. We are both getting the rest we need now.
SeekingHer
Double
Double

Post by SeekingHer »

One of My CPAP friends, when I first told him I had sleep apnea said, "Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Masks!" That always stuck with me!

I was tired & angry & exhausted all the time, & dangerous behind the wheel! I was no good at work or at home. I snored like a freight train. I fell asleep in the middle of conversations & couldn't think clearly any more - I was in a non-stop dense brain fog! All the joy had been sucked out of my life! And I would get up to pee 5-6 times EVERY night & I constantly moved all night long.

My CPAP machine changed ALL THAT!!!!!! After I first got my machine & started sleeping well, I remember driving to work & looking around at everything around me & really smiling for the 1st time in years - Everything was in Color! It was as if I'd only been seeing in Black & White for years as I lived in a constant Zombie state, NEVER EVER being fully awake and conscious!

Praise Jesus for my Hormone Dr. who first diagnosed he thought I had sleep apnea & that has changed my life FOREVER!!!
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” - Matthew 19:26 NIV
Thomas
Single
Single

Post by Thomas »

As a CPAP user myself, I’m glad for the recent testimonies on here on sleep apnea and CPAP. Not only does sleep apnea affect the quality of life (including erectile function), but also carries serious medical risks like hypertension, myocardial infarction, stroke and even dementia. So congrats to all of us who have been diagnosed and blessed with a CPAP device! 🙂

Return to “Other Non-sexual Marriage Issues”