When your spouse is dishonored

Other non-sexual marriage issues.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
SeekingChange

Re: When your spouse is dishonored

Post by SeekingChange »

Oldbear wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:15 pm Physical action is never ok.
I actually believe there's a time and place for this. I actually would hope that my boys or husband would defend the weaker, especially a loved one, and use force (physical action), if necessary.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
MrEden
King bed
King bed

Post by MrEden »

I read one article where the author was saying this was a big setback for feminism. She didn't need him to intervene on her behalf 🙄.

Smith didn't need to slap the guy obviously, but knowing what I know, or rather what I am learning, about women, a confrontation of some sort was probably a good move on Smith's part. Not just defending her, but the confrontation itself.

Another driver behind me was blowing his horn at me because he thought I was taking too long to make my right turn. Hey, the road was wet and I had a load. I got out and confronted the guy. I thought DW would be upset at me, but she WASN'T. She seemed rather impressed.
LovingHimAlways
California King
California King

Post by LovingHimAlways »

MrEden wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:48 am
Another driver behind me was blowing his horn at me because he thought I was taking too long to make my right turn. Hey, the road was wet and I had a load. I got out and confronted the guy. I thought DW would be upset at me, but she WASN'T. She seemed rather impressed.
Not saying you were wrong in wanting to confront the guy for being a jerk. I just want to point out that in this world today, doing so is a good way to get yourself hurt or killed. It's not worth it. :)
LuckyInLove
California King
California King

Post by LuckyInLove »

MrEden wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:48 am
The Atlantic just posted an article on ‘why people are acting so weird,’ opening with the slap heard round the world. People are drinking more, doing more drugs, buying more guns, and becoming more and more aggressive, verbally and physically. It seems as though the isolation that most of us experienced during the pandemic has basically caused everyone to lose their social skills.

The above poster is a good example of this. Someone blowing their horn due to a slow right turn? That’s a ridiculous amount of impatience. Getting out of your car to confront someone for blowing their horn??? That’s road rage and an easy way to get killed by being run over or shot.
MrEden
King bed
King bed

Post by MrEden »

LuckyInLove and LovingHimAlways, I don't disagree at all. There is more to the story than I shared because it wasn't relevant to the point I was making. I am not encouraging others to place themselves in harm's way and am not saying I didn't do something stupid, but that wasn't clear from my post.

His horn blow wasn't long and didn't sound like he was upset. I thought it might be someone I know. I walked back and asked him what could I do for him? He then told me that I needed to get out of his way. I said that there was a lot of cross traffic, I had a load, the road was wet and I would be going uphill. I offered to let him go around me. He then threatened to beat me up. I stepped towards him and told him to go ahead and try it. He backed down. I do thank God that he protected me from my bad judgement. This was several years ago too.
footnassman
California King
California King

Post by footnassman »

LuckyInLove wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:01 pm The Atlantic just posted an article on ‘why people are acting so weird,’ .... People are drinking more, doing more drugs, buying more guns, and becoming more and more aggressive, verbally
I know that the above things you listed are not necessarily in the way that they are posted building upon the other, but as a gun owner, and lawful concealed carrier, I just want to make the point that buying more guns does not necessarily indicate that you will act weird, or become more aggressive. I used to have a very aggressive streak in me....in younger years I can see myself doing what this guy did in traffic. My mentality has changed. I now try to deescalate and walk away. Some of that has come with age and maturity. The biggest part of it was the training that I sought when I decided I was going to carry a firearm. I literally had to let the old me go, and commit to a new mindset. Just putting that out there in case anyone needed to hear that to counter a thought that any/all gun means more aggressiveness and/or stupidity.

Return to “Other Non-sexual Marriage Issues”