Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

The Ark Encounter and surrounding area

Where to stay, and what to do all around the world. PLEASE identify the location in the thread topic.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
Olorin
California King
California King

Re: The Ark Encounter and surrounding area

Post by Olorin »

LuckyInLove wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:42 am Not free, but Cincy has a great zoo and Kings Island is a nice amusement park. I’ll come back with some other ideas later today. If you’ve never had it, Skyline Chili is something to experience and Graeter’s ice cream is the best ice cream in the world and I will never be convinced otherwise.
I second all these suggestions. Montgomery Inn Ribs is also a very very good place for ribs!!!!

All this food talk is making me hungry...
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

There are caves on both sides of the state.

Cincinnati's river waterfront is beautiful. Long walkway, bench swings along part of it, you can walk across the Ohio river on some of the bridges near the stadiums, there's also a HUGE number of paddle wheel boat plaques with all sorts of history on posts along part of the walkway.

Also, there's also Big Bone Lick State Park. :D Maybe you could dump the kids for a night and make a memory? :lol: My wife says there some story for the park about a salt lick...native Americans...animals...and whatever. Personally, I have my own story and I think my story is MUCH better! :lol: (And yes, I can't drive by it without giving her the eyes and pointing it out to DW.) :)
CTim
Double
Double

Post by CTim »

Some family things we've done in that general area:
Mammoth Cave NP
Big South Fork Natl Recreation Area
Cumberland Gap National Historic Park
Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Park
Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Thanks all! I am bookmarking this to be able to come back to for reference as we make our plans. Our Airbnb is booked ::clap
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

Return to “Places to go & things to do”