Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

How would Jesus respond...

How does God fit into our sex lives?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

How would Jesus respond...

Post by newwifenewlife »

If Jesus was married, how would Jesus respond to a spouse that wanted to be more adventurous in the bedroom? What can we learn?

Heck, let's go a step farther and make it more relative to many on this board, "How would Jesus respond to a spouse who says, 'No, I don't want to...not tonight..I have a headache...you want me to do what?" (And let's pretend that he won't do a miracle and heal his wife's headache. :lol: )

EDITED FOR CLARITY:
My point in asking the question is more about, if we're to follow Jesus' example, what can we learn about how we should respond to our spouse when asked to do something? When asked to go out of our comfort zone?
Last edited by newwifenewlife on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twue_Wuv
King bed
King bed

Re: How would Jesus respond...

Post by Twue_Wuv »

How do you know that Jesus is not the more adventurous one in the bedroom? Hmmm?
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
hastentheday
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by hastentheday »

newwifenewlife wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:52 am If Jesus was married, how would Jesus respond to a spouse that wanted to be more adventurous in the bedroom? What can we learn?
My reading of the Word of God, especially the New Testament reveals that Jesus was a radical in his time. That is all I will write on this subject. I suppose you can come to your own conclusions based on that observation of the scriptures.
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Twue_Wuv wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:12 am How do you know that Jesus is not the more adventurous one in the bedroom?
This was my thought as well. All I have to do is look at my relationship with my Bridegroom right now, and I can tell you which one of us is constantly drawing the other to step out in faith. But again, I know He has also told me to "put my sword away" when I go trying "to cut people's heads off" and get their ears. ;) And we really don't want to hear, "Get behind me Satan".... but we all likely would, a time or two. :lol:
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

I'm not saying he wouldn't be more adventurous. He certainly would have clarity to God's design.

My point in asking the question is more about, if we're to follow Jesus' example, what can we learn about how we should respond to our spouse when asked to do something? When asked to go out of our comfort zone?

Heck, let's go a step farther and make it more relative to many on this board, "How would Jesus respond to a spouse who says, 'No, I don't want to...not tonight..I have a headache...you want me to do what?" (And let's pretend that he won't do a miracle and heal his wife's headache. :lol: )
Irnmyk
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Irnmyk »

We are taught that He was tempted in every way that we are or could ever be, yet remained sinless. Otherwise, His sacrifice for our sins would not have had the import that it did.

If that is true - and I have no reason to believe that it is not - then He must have endured some real life temptations in the form of what we discuss here.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Irnmyk wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:41 am We are taught that He was tempted in every way that we are or could ever be, yet remained sinless. Otherwise, His sacrifice for our sins would not have had the import that it did.

If that is true - and I have no reason to believe that it is not - then He must have endured some real life temptations in the form of what we discuss here.
While what you're saying is true about Jesus being tempted, that's not the point of the discussion. We're not discussing whether or not He was tempted, the discussion is supposed to be about IF Jesus was married, how would He react in marriage to a spouse wanting to be more adventurous or how He'd respond if He was refused by His wife (just as we here about so many times around here or IRL).
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Maybe.....“Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come"... [to come] (Jn 2:4) ;)

I know that's not what you meant, but quoting Jesus in this hypothetical context is kind of fun :mrgreen: If my husband hears, "Get behind me Satan", he'll know where it's coming from. :lol:

Jesus challenged people, whether it was with a sharp tongue (w/ religious leaders), or with a softer side (w/ woman at the well, caught in adultery, sexually immoral, etc).
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
SeekingHer
Single
Single

Post by SeekingHer »

Now that is funny @SeekingChange! Just don't try using it on me! 😉
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” - Matthew 19:26 NIV
Irnmyk
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Irnmyk »

@NWNL,

My point was about the point of the OT. If Jesus wasn't tempted in any particular way, how can we conjecture on how He might or might not respond if faced with such a situation.

It's kind of like asking "how would Jesus respond if sent to England and had to drive on the wrong side of the road" knowing that he hadn't ever driven an automobile on the "right" side of the road.

(Sorry UK compatriots... I've been there, done that, and it is always strange..)

Return to “The Theology of Sex”