Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Men and Dating

The things you can do to be ready to be a good spouse.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
alexschulze
Queen bed
Queen bed

Men and Dating

Post by alexschulze »

Is it difficult for men to find good dates? Has dating become more difficult? Is there a mistrust between men and women which has affected dating? Also as women have progressed and earning are they becoming more choosy in finding men.

Any ideas for young adults to find good dates. In this age of Apps it is difficult to find good dates and relationships are very fragile and break ups frequent.
hastentheday
King bed
King bed

Re: Men and Dating

Post by hastentheday »

alexschulze wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:50 am Is it difficult for men to find good dates? Has dating become more difficult? Is there a mistrust between men and women which has affected dating? Also as women have progressed and earning are they becoming more choosy in finding men.

Any ideas for young adults to find good dates. In this age of Apps it is difficult to find good dates and relationships are very fragile and break ups frequent.
Thank goodness I am not in this stage of life. As you probably know, dating has really changed. I know a few things having talked with my kids who have experienced and/or are experiencing present day dating. Here are some things I have learned:

1. There is a stage called "talking" which comes before being boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm not sure the word dating is even used anymore.
2. Do not discount online dating. I cannot tell you the number of people in life I've met recently who met their SPOUSES online and this goes for Christians too.
3. My observation of what's going on is that in my neck of the woods and the friends of my kids are all getting married younger and younger which I think is a great thing. I hope the trend continues.
4. The pool of available men is much smaller than the pool of available women simply because there are more girls in this world than men
5. Probably the worst place to meet someone is a bar. The best places are dog parks, coffee shops and volunteering at any place including church. And, of course, there is college / university where you have both boys and girls together in all sorts of situations.

Again, I am no expert. This is what I have picked up just watching my kids take on this part of their lives.
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
Irnmyk
California King
California King

Post by Irnmyk »

@HTD, you may be more expert than you think. You've offered some mighty fine information and advice.

I'll add that I have a child that is in a wonderful marriage that began via an App, so I'm a convert to that concept.

But, I also would add that I wouldn't want to be on the dating path in these days for reasons that I won't state on this Board for fear of getting kicked off.
hastentheday
King bed
King bed

Post by hastentheday »

One more thing @alexschulze. I forgot to mention, and this sentiment is considered old fashioned and outdated nowadays, but as a Christ follower, the Bible (2 Corinthians 6:14) says the following: "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" What this means, of course, in a nutshell is that believers should not be dating unbelievers. It's how we raised our kids but when they're on their own, they may or may not choose to follow that teaching. Just wanted to add that but of course, this adds another layer to an already complicated "dating" world.
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Return to “Becoming Marriageable”